How to check your video settings
- Click on the upward arrow next to the video icon
- Then select video settings
- Be sure the correct camera is selected. If not, click on the drop-down arrow to choose a different camera
How to check your microphone and speaker settings
- Click on the upward arrow next to the microphone icon
- Then select audio options
- Then select "Test Computer Mic & Speakers"
- Microphone: If you see blue lines on the video preview when you speak, then your microphone settings are correct. If you don't see any blue lines, click on the down arrow to choose another microphone. NOTE: If your microphone setting is correct, but you are still not registering sound, uncheck the box next to Automatically adjust my volume, and ensure that the volume level is not all the way to the right.
- Speaker: If you hear a sound when you click on the Test Speaker button, then your speaker settings are correct. If you don't hear any sound, check to make sure that your computer volume is turned up high and try again, or click on the down arrow next to the speaker device to choose another set of speakers (like your headset). If you can't hear the test sound, but your computer plays other sounds, try checking to make sure your drivers are working properly.
Here are some instructions and tips for adjusting your audio and video settings during your videoconference. These can be useful if you are interested in:
How to mute your microphone or camera
- To mute or unmute your microphone, click on the microphone icon in the lower left hand corner.
- To turn your camera on or off, click on the camera icon in the lower left hand corner. Below is an image of the microphone and camera icon:
This article was last reviewed by our Support team on September 16, 2016.